3.5 Planning and Delivering Learning - Individual differences
Welcome to chapter 5 of the 'Planning and Delivering Learning' module. This chapter is split into two distinct subsections. The first deals with the notions of differentiation and 'stretch and challenge'. The second addresses personal learning, specifically in the form of Individual Learning Plans (ILPs) and personal targets - it discusses the ways in which using these tools can benefit individual learners and ensure that they meet and even exceed personal goals
Goals for this section
- To understand what Differentiation and Stretch and Challenge are and how these can be catered to in practice.
- To understand how to utilise ILPs and personal targets to motivate and support individual learners aside from wider group targets.
Objectives for this section
- To be able to explain what Differentiation and Stretch and Challenge are and why they are important elements of classroom practice.
- To be able to identify the benefits of differentiating in the classroom, and also to identify the limitations of doing so.
- To understand why using differentiation and stretch and challenge strategies is beneficial to learners.