Project Management - Introduction
Welcome to the Project Management lesson! As a topic, Project Management can be very challenging, and its multidimensional aspects can be difficult to understand sometimes. This chapter will look at some key and common points to assist and guide further reading, and to help with understanding this relatively complicated topic.
Project Management is of great importance for every firm. The core components of any project need to be managed in such a manner that a positive impact is achieved for a firm and all stakeholders involved. The tools and practices available to support professionals that manage projects are extensive, but at its heart, successful Project Management is about leadership and coordination.
After completion of this chapter, you should have an overview of core Project Management approaches and important concepts. This chapter will begin by providing a comprehensive outline of what Project Management is and its key processes. This will then be followed by Project Management approaches, phases and tools and techniques, such as Prince2. Finally, the business case is provided.
Below are some goals and objectives for you to refer to after learning this section.
Goals for this section
- To understand the importance of Project Management for businesses
- To understand key Project Management approaches and practices
Objectives for this section
To be able to:
- Define Project Management and understand the key components.
- Understand the critical elements of a project plan and the importance of appropriate structures and frameworks.
- Possess an overview of some of the main Project Management methodologies and tools used.
- Appreciate the importance of review processes to the successful implementation and completion of any project.